All reservations made online must be paid for at time of booking using a credit/debit card. Units looking to pay for a reservation using a check or funds on a Unit Account must contact the council service center to make a reservation.
Reservations can only be made by choosing Friday through Sunday date options. If you plan to arrive on Saturday or for day usage, you will still need to make the Friday through Sunday reservation and add your day and arrival time in the note section when checking out.
All reservations are Friday evening through Sunday morning even if your unit is arriving late or departing early. Early-Arrival or Late-Departure must be coordinated 1 week before arrival with the service center.
Weekend Check-In begins at 6:00PM. Units must check-in at the King Cottage (Treasure Valley) or the Ranger's House (Camp Wanocksett) where we collect rosters and show you to your campsite or facility.
Weekend rentals conclude by 11AM on Sunday. Units must schedule a departure time with the Campmaster and must have their facility ready for inspection prior to departure.
- Renters understand that rentals are not guaranteed until payment is received, and may be canceled at any time. Renters and their groups agree to abide by the policies of the Boy Scouts of America, the Heart of New England Council, the camps own policies, and to all local, state, and federal regulations that may apply. They understand that the Camp Ranger and/or their designee has the authority to remove groups or individuals from camp property.
- Units must check-in and check-out with the Ranger or Campmaster before entering, using, or leaving camp or any facility.
- Domesticated Animals, alcohol, illegal drugs, fireworks, or firearms of any kind are not allowed on camp property.
- Open fires require permission of the Ranger or Campmaster.
- All areas must be kept clean and in good condition. Trash must be disposed in the dumpster upon departure.
- Renters assume all responsibility for the group’s behavior and any cost associated with cleaning and damage attributed to the group during the rental.
- All cabins are equipped with smoke detectors as required by State Law. Tampering with, damaging or disabling smoke detectors in cabins may lead to dangerous conditions and is strictly prohibited.
- Flames of any type are not allowed in tents or shelters.
- Cabins are equipped with fire extinguishers for emergency use only. A fee will be charged for the replacement or recharging of expended fire extinguishers.
- Wood should be left in the campsite/cabin for the next group. Please ask the Campmaster or Ranger before taking cut cord wood. Please no cutting or damaging live trees.
- Use of any program area (including, but not limited to, the waterfront, shooting ranges, climbing tower, COPE, etc.) require trained staff and can not be used by a unit.
- Choices of service projects are subject to the discretion of the Camp Ranger. Only the main roads will be plowed in the winter. Units will be expected to hike into campsites where necessary.
One of the things that makes our camps magnificent is the abundance of mature tree growth on the properties. No living or dead trees are to be cut without specific permission of the Ranger. A $15 per inch diameter or $100 penalty, whichever is greater, will be enforced. Importation of firewood from outside of the camp is prohibited per the Heart of New England Council Board of Directors. This assists in the prevention of invasive species, including the Asian Longhorned Beetle and Emerald Ash Borer, from destroying our mature trees. Ample firewood can be found around your campsite in the form of fallen dead wood, and a limited supply of split cordwood is available at the maintenance shop.
All cancellations/modifications must be made through the Heart of New England Council Service Center.
- Cancellations prior to 30 days will receive a full refund to the original payment method used.
- Cancellations within 14 days will have a 50% fee withheld or are fully transferable to a future reservation.
- Cancellations within 7 days are non-refundable but may be fully transferable to a future reservation.
- Cancellations made due to altered or canceled programs at camp, due to extreme weather, or due to extreme circumstances will receive full refunds.